Master of Philosophy in Philosophy
Application and Brochures
MASTER OF PHILOSOPHY IN PHILOSOPHY
Thank you for your interest in our Master of Philosophy in Philosophy degree. Below is some information regarding the course as well as the minimum requirements.
Our MPhil in Philosophy is conducted as a combination of coursework and research. Candidates are required to attend four teaching weeks per year in January, April, July and October. At present these teaching weeks are conducted online. Once the seven coursework modules are completed, candidates then proceed to research and write a mini dissertation of 18 000 words that forms the last part of the fulfilment of the degree. Below see the brochure.
The minimum entry requirements for the degree are:
1. An honours degree (or equivalent) at NQF level 8
2. A minimum average of 60% for the NQF level 8 degree
If you would like to apply for the course, kindly let me have the following documentation as soon as possible:
1. Copy of your ID or passport
2. Copy of your Matric or school leaving certificate
3. Copies of your previous qualifications (certificates)
4. Academic records of these qualifications
5. SAQA verification letter (if applicable, see below)
6. Proof of payment of the non-refundable application fee of R500, banking details on the application form
Please note: Candidates who obtained their qualifications outside of South Africa are required to obtain a verification letter from the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). They will verify the degree(s) and issue a verification letter that must accompany your application.
Incomplete applications cannot be processed, so please ensure that you include all the relevant documentation.
The cost per module is R9000 (excluding textbooks) and is payable before the start of a module. No bursaries are available for postgraduate studies, and candidates are encouraged to source their own financing.
Please feel free to contact me should you have any further questions.