Master of Philosophy in Applied Ethics
Application and Brochures
Thank you for your interest in our Master of Philosophy in Applied Ethics degree. Below is some information about the course as well as the minimum requirements.
Our Master of Philosophy in Applied Ethics is conducted as a combination of coursework and research. Candidates are required to attend four teaching weeks per year in January, April, July and October. At present these teaching weeks are conducted online. Once the seven coursework modules are completed, candidates then proceed to research and write a mini dissertation of 18 000 words, which forms the last part of the fulfilment of the degree.
Please note the minimum requirements for this degree:
1. An honours degree or similar at NQF level 8
2. A 60% average for the aforementioned degree
The following must be supplied with your application form:
1. Certified copy of your ID or passport
2. Certified copies of all previous qualifications, both certificates and academic transcripts
3. SAQA verification letter (if applicable, see below)
4. Proof of payment of the R500 non-refundable application fee, banking details are on the application form
Please note: Candidates who obtained their qualifications outside of South Africa are required to obtain a verification letter from the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). They will verify the degree(s) and issue a verification letter that must accompany your application.
Incomplete applications cannot be processed, so please ensure that you include all the relevant documentation.
The cost per module is R9000 (excluding textbooks) and is payable before the start of a module. No bursaries are available for postgraduate studies, and candidates are encouraged to source their own financing.
Please feel free to contact us should you have any queries.