Mr Charl-Pierre Naudé
Charl-Pierre Naudé lectures English literature on second-year level.
* Obtained Baccalaureus Artium-degree at the University of Stellenbosch (US), with Political * * Philosophy and Classical Culture as main subjects: 1987.
* Obtained Baccalaureus Artium (Honours) degree in Philosophy at US: 1988.
* Obtained structured Magister Artium degree (two-year course) in Theory of Creative Writing; Literary Criticism; and Creative Writing at University of the Free State (distinction): 2016.
Charl-Pierre Naude is currently writing a doctoral thesis in Philosophy at the University of the Free State, focussing on Work on Myth, by the German philosopher Hans Blumenberg.
* Charl-Pierre is a research fellow of the department Afrikaans and Dutch, German and French, of University of Free State and an example of his output can be found here: http://www.litnet.co.za/roland-barthes-en-die-belang-van-outonomie-vir-d...
* He is a published writer who has garnered a number of prizes as a poet in Afrikaans and also writes in English. His latest offering is a novel in Afrikaans due out on 15 October 2019, Tafelberg Publishers, titled Die ongelooflike onskuld van Dirkie Verwey.
* In 2014/ 2015 he was the recipient of a writer’s residency bursary for 12 months, from the German Academic Exchange Service (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst) (DAAD) in the programme: Berliner Künstlerprogramm – for the production of creative work and the delivery of lectures and readings at selected institutions in Germany. He resided in Berlin.